Can we get some retina markdown editor icons?

composer

(Andrew Steele) #1

With the proliferation of “retina” displays icons with a low pixel density have become a real eye sore. While discourse is pretty awesome on a MacBook Pro retina the markdown editor icons standout as ugly and pixelated. Simply raising their resolution would go a long way towards improving the visual quality of the site. I think a similar undertaking is going on at Stack Exchange (if your using their version of markdown).

I know @codinghorror loves him some retina iPads. :wink:

(Jeff Atwood) #2

I believe @tms mentioned that he was already working on this in another topic.

(Tim Stone) #3

Yep, I got a bit tied up before I could finish yesterday, but it should be ready soon.

(Andrew Steele) #4

That’s great news, looking forward to them! Is your Markdown JavaScript its own package or part of Discourse overall?

(Sam Saffron) #5

I just “retinified” our icons there using font awesome ones.

I am unhappy with the “hr” minus icon and the heading one (letter A), the rest seem to work fine.

Suggestions on better icons from Font Awesome, the iconic font and CSS toolkit welcome.

(Jeff Atwood) #6

The horizontal rule icon is fine, but agreed that the heading one is rather ambiguous. Looks much better overall, great change!

(Jeff Atwood) #7

This was fixed long ago when we switched to Font Awesome glyphs for the editor toolbar buttons.

(Jeff Atwood) #8