Canceling "Delete category" results in empty window

(Pekka Gaiser) #1

This may be a localization bug rather than a core bug, but I don’t think I can easily discern which term is missing (if that’s the cause.)

In a fresh Discourse install (0.9.7) with German as the locale,

• Create a category
  • Go to the category overview
  • Click “edit”
  • In the editing window, click “delete category”
  • In the confirmation dialog, choose “no”

An empty dialog will come up that contains nothing but the “close” symbol, which will not work.
The console shows nothing out of the ordinary. The network tab shows a poll to the message bus which remains “pending”.

Discourse on Ubuntu 11.10, latest Chrome on OS X

(Sam Saffron) #2

Can you break on all errors and see where its freaking out?

Also have a look at console

(Pekka Gaiser) #3

I’ve never debugged a JS app this complex before, so I can be wrong, but there seems to be nothing there. No errors in the console, “break on errors” never breaks, “break on all exceptions” in Chrome breaks at a couple of points but they are prior to the issue occurring. It seems to just be display an empty window. (That made me think it might be a localization issue)

The install is on a company VPN unfortunately, else I’d just share the link… I guess it’s not that big of a deal as you can delete categories only when they’re empty anyway, but me know if there’s anything else I can do to help fix.

Let me switch the install to English real quick…

(Pekka Gaiser) #4

… nope, same problem in English.

(Sam Saffron) #5

Odd, I am able to delete on local, are you running on absolute latest?

(Pekka Gaiser) #6

Oh no no no, deleting works, it’s when you cancel the deletion that the window pops up. Nothing big, one reload and it’s gone.

(Neil Lalonde) #7

The modal is also missing a title:

I’ll look into these issues.

Also, the flagging modal has similar problems.

(Neil Lalonde) #8

I pushed a fix for those issues. Thanks @pekka!

(Jeff Atwood) #9