“topic_id” : 3678,
“is_warning” : false,
“archetype” : “regular”,
“nested_post” : true,
“featured_link”: “”,
}

Example with steps:

• Create first post => respond post ID = 1
  • Create second post with same content with first post => still respond with post ID = 1.

I only create 2 posts with same content when:

1. Change the value of “composer_open_duration_msecs” : 5930 or “typing_duration_msecs” : 105 for each request.
    => Could you show me what it is and how we can generate their value?
  2. OR must wait 2 minutes to be able to create new one.
    => Is there a setting for this? I tried to update 2 settings “rate_limit_new_user_create_topic” and “rate_limit_new_user_create_post” to 0 but there is no any affect :frowning:

Note: Trust level of user: 3.

Look forward to your response soon :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Toan Do

(Jay Pfaffman) #3

That’s a feature.

Google doesn’t like duplicate content and neither do most people.

Can you describe your use case?

(Sang Trần Văn) #4

In case, i think him want create 2 post continuously same content.
Do you have solution?

(Mittineague) #5

That sounds a lot like spam at worst, cross-posting at less worst. Neither is anything you would want to allow let alone make easier to do.

The solution is to either use Tags or move. eg. I want to post a question about “round widgets”, but I don’t know if I should post in the “round” category or the “widgets” category.

I want to not post indentical topics in both categories. It would make keeping up with replies more difficult for me, and near impossible for other members.

• I could post in the “round” category and give it the “widgets” Tag
  • I could post in the “widgets” category and give it the “round” Tag
  • I could post in the “round” category and if it doesn’t get any traction in a reasonable amount of time ask to have it moved to the “widgets” category
  • I could post in the “widgets” category and if it doesn’t get any traction in a reasonable amount of time ask to have it moved to the “round” category

Any of those would be greatly better than cross-posting in both categories.

(Toan Do) #6

Hi,

I’m using discourse and intergrating it into our site as a forum. Currently we do not limit the user to reply to the topic or post with same content or not. I agree with you that the same content posts that are created continuously is should be considered as spam but now we must wait for 2 minutes to create a new one. So is there any setting to control this?
Addition I saw that the real discourse site is NOT still preventing creating the same content posts. As I mentioned in my topic’s description: the discourse site is putting 2 params (composer_open_duration_msecs” and “typing_duration_msecs”) with different value in each the request to be able create the same content posts. My question is where can I get these params value? Or I have to generate a new one myself?

Thanks,
Toan Do