Cannot delete users with likes

(arturo) #1

seems like you can’t delete a user even after deleting their posts if they have a like on some post.

Error deleting users
(Jeff Atwood) #2

Are you on latest? I know @neil fixed some bugs with deleting users recently.

(arturo) #3

yes just updated today but cannot delete them even after updating

(Jeff Atwood) #4

@neil anything to add? I know we fixed something related to this a few hours ago so you might want to be absolutely sure you are on latest as of an hour ago.

(arturo) #5

oh, you mean in latest master, i thought latest release, well i’ll try when there’s a new release and report again if it still fails. thanks!

(arturo) #6

i just updated and still have the same problem, not sure what’s going on, i have a spammer i want to delete, i delete all the messages but when i try to delete the user it tells that there’s still some messages and the delete messages button appears again. the only thing i see is that the user liked someone else’s post.

(Neil Lalonde) #7

I made another fix that should let you delete those users. There was a bug that didn’t decrement the post_count for a user when their posts got deleted. Since you deleted the posts before applying my first fix, those post_counts are forever wrong. So in this follow-up fix, the post_count isn’t used when trying to delete a user. We’ll do a real count of posts, which I think is a good idea right before doing something so drastic.

(Jeff Atwood) #8