Running version 0.9.9.7 via a Docker install and I’m attempting to clean-up our Discourse permissions before we roll out our Discourse install publicly. During the setup phase we had several users with Admin access to help facilitate the setup of the software. Now I’m trying to revoke that Admin access and it doesn’t seem to be working.
Here are the steps I’m taking:
- User logs out of Discourse
- Another admin user, pulls up their profile in: /admin/users
- Click on the Log Out button on the users profile page to make sure that they are forced out of all logged in sessions
- Click the Revoke Admin button
- Ask user to log back into Discourse
- When the login they still have access to the admin menu
- The other admin refreshes their profile page and the Admin flag has been changed back to true
I’ve checked /logs and I don’t see anything helpful there.
One other point worthing mentioning is that we do use SSO to logon our users, but I’ve checked and I don’t see any obvious way that would be impacting this scenario.