I have been configuring my discourse install all day accessing directly with the ip in my browser. My sub domain I have allocated for the forum won’t connect. I figured it was going to take a while but it has been about 30 hours since I set the records with my domain provider.
With my domain provider I have added an A record with the subdomain like
forum.myforum.com pointing to the ip of my server I have with digital Ocean.
I’m not sure if I had to but I added name servers for the subdomain as well, the same ones for the initial domain. I did this under the NS records section with my provider.
I have set the discourse_hostname to: