Can't edit Categories (error changing color or order)

When trying to change the colour of a category (whether it has topics or not) isn’t working. I can change the colour of 2 of my 30 categories but I can’t see the use case.

"Sorry, an error has occurred" after changing category colors
(Jeff Atwood) #2

I can’t reproduce this on http://try.discourse.org – I am able to change the color of a category with permissions and a category without permissions.

What’s the common factor in the 2 categories you can change? That they don’t have permissions set?

(Kane York) #3

Their incoming email address is blanĸ. Cannot save category when incoming email address is blank

(Bill Ayakatubby) #4

Check the “Settings” page for the categories. Is the “Custom incoming email address” field blank? @riking reported a bug related to that earlier:

(Jeff Atwood) #5

Aha, good idea, @lightyear is this a bug from the new field on that page that your PR added?

(Benjamin Kampmann) #6

Gotcha. Here’s the fix: BugFix: email-in on categories wasn’t null-ed properly by gnunicorn · Pull Request #2054 · discourse/discourse · GitHub . email_in wasn’t properly cleared to null causing an error with the index-constraint for that column if you saved more than one category with an empty value.

@riking, can you confirm this patch fixes the issue for you?

(Sam Saffron) #7

I just merged this bugfix, will deploy it in an hour or so.

(Kane York) #8

Yup, it’s working! Thanks.

Awesome. Thanks guys. It’s working.

(Jeff Atwood) #10