Can't Figure Out How to Change Educate Message

(Jay Pfaffman) #1

I guess this is a UX thing. I feel sure that I edited the Education message, but now I can’t find it. I searched the settings for Education, and found only “educate until posts”. I searched posts for “educate” and couldn’t find it there either.

I’m sure there’s a huge button in front of my face that says EDIT HERE, but for the life of me, I can’t find it.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

admin, customize, text

(Jay Pfaffman) #3

I think I got to customize, but my eyes glazed over after I saw “colors” and “css.” It’s so freaking easy to search the settings that I just couldn’t find this.

Apparently, it’s very easy to find for other humans, because I searched for a good long while before resorting to here.

(Michael Downey) #4

To be fair the UX here is a bit messy with 3 layers of tabs to sort through, to get where you need to go!

Excuse me, how could I edit the “sequential replies threshold” message?

(Jeff Atwood) #6

It might not be editable at this time, unless it is in Admin, Customize, Text.

It is not there.
Only “educate” message, but that “sequential” pop-up message does not appear in that section :frowning:

(Jay Pfaffman) #8

Go to settings and type “sequential” in the search box. It’s hiding under “other.” The search box in the settings is really awesome, though. It searches not only the names of the settings, but also their values.

Thanks. But I don’t want to change the messege’s “setting”, I want to “edit” the message instead. I mean, the text of the message. Can you understand me?

(Jay Pfaffman) #10

Oh. Yeah. Sorry. Now I think I do. I bet @codinghorror is right and it’s buried in the source.