Can't find pinned banner

(Mark Devlin) #1

Hi, I’m a new user. Site is http://totalbikers.com I have two problems

1. I can’t get pin the welcome message to the top of the site. It appears in the uncategorized category.
  2. I don’t seem to be able to make a banner pin at the top of the category. Has this functionality been replaced by the Category Logo Image in the categories settings?

Thanks for your help!

(Régis Hanol) #4

Here’s what the modal says when you try to “pin” a topic:

• Pinning a topic, will make it appear at the top of the topics lists of it’s category.
  • Globally pinning a topic, will make it appear at the top of all the topics lists.
  • Making a topic a banner, will make it appear at the top of all pages.

(Jeff Atwood) #5

Er… what? I’m not really following what you said above?

Ok re-reading this a few times;

1. Looks like you did not select pin global

2. There is no concept of a banner that is per-category – banner is all-site. You can of course pin to the category.

(Mark Devlin) #6
  1. It is pinned globally :confounded:

Sorry, but the banner, pinned banner, banner is all-site distinctions are lost on me. Would you mind clarifying/

(Mark Devlin) #7

Does anyone have any ideas or clarifications?

(Régis Hanol) #8

Re-open the topic, click the pin topic button and chose pin globally in the modal.

(Mark Devlin) #9

Hi, I did all that and it still does not work. However, I think I found the problem:

The Global Pin will only work if a category is selected. But it will not work with the 'Uncategorized" category. Is this a bug?

(Jeff Atwood) #10

Not so – I just globally pinned a topic with no category on try.discourse.org … see for yourself: