Can't load topic when user not logged in due to plugin

(Martial) #1

I notice something wierd, when i’m logged I can see all the posts and read them but when i’m not logged i can see the posts but when i click to read a post i get this following message :

Sorry, we are unable to load that topic, possibly due to a connection problem

Only when user is not logged

I get the error /t/45.json?track_visit=true&forceLoad=true&_=1462706492054 500 internal in the console

And in the console log :

NoMethodError (undefined method `id' for nil:NilClass) /var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-feature-voting/plugin.rb:49:in `user_voted'
1:25 pm
NoMethodError (undefined method `id' for nil:NilClass) /var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-feature-voting/plugin.rb:49:in `user_voted' 

This error is generate every time i want to access to a post without being logged

(cpradio) #2

Do you have the Quick Messages plugin installed? Might want to disable that, as it someone else reported that at

And if you don’t, what other plugins do you have installed?

(Martial) #3

Nop, i only have

• discourse-details
  • discourse-plugin-poll-ui
  • lazyYT
  • poll

(cpradio) #4

Do you have any Site Customizations that include JavaScript in the </head> or </body> sections? If you disable them, does it work? As it seems to be working here on Meta.

(Martial) #5

Solved

I remove the plugin discourse-feature-voting, rebuild the app and it’s working fine now, thanx @cpradio your intuition was good !

(cpradio) #6

Ah yeah, I thought I read this was reported earlier, but when I went back coundn’t find it until now
https://meta.discourse.org/t/problems-with-feature-voting-plugin/43451/19?u=cpradio&source_topic_id=43875