Can't undo TL3 (regular) spam flags on TL0 (new user) people

(Da Beast 45) #1

When I see a TL0 person and I spam flag it and try to undo it, it will undo the flag but it is not “unhiding the hidden text”

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Use the wrench menu to unhide the post.

(Da Beast 45) #3

What does it look like @codinghorror?

(Mittineague) #4

Perhaps you know it by the name “spanner”?

http://fontawesome.io/icon/wrench/

(Da Beast 45) #5

I can’t find the wrench:

(Mittineague) #6

Hmmm, you are not an Admin or Moderator?

(Da Beast 45) #7

No just a regular. (20 chars)

(Mittineague) #8

Well, in that case you will not see any wrench icons.

To be clear, you do see “undo flag”, and that works. But after you refresh the page, the post is still hidden?

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #9

I can reproduce this on try. Flag is cleared from the queue (as if it never existed), but the post is still hidden.

(Da Beast 45) #10

Yes (must be 20 characters)

(Jeff Atwood) #11

I don’t see the value of allowing an undo here, personally. You have to click through two complete dialogs to “accidentally” flag something as spam. So the fix is to remove undo in this scenario.

Repeated undo/redo of this is also a griefing scenario.

(Wolftune) #12

While it’s unusual for someone to accidentally flag a post, I could imagine someone flagging but then understanding (say from a PM discussion) that the post was on-topic after-all or something like that.

Anyway, “undo” of a flagging should certainly unhide a post (and should unlist the @system PM) — basically just do the same process as if the post were edited to fix the issue.

So, please either fix it so that it does unhide or remove the undo option. My vote is the former (keep undo and make it actually work).