Cap on number of invites?

(Yvonne Brill) #1

Is there a cap on the number of invites a user can send out?

Over the last couple of weeks I’ve sent out a large number of invites to join our Community - we’re using our Community to host a private category for staff who are part of a programme we’re running in our organisation. Lots of the staff on the programme aren’t existing Community members and so in order to grant them access to the group I’ve had to send out invites and grant them access to the group at this point.

I’ve currently got 400 pending invites (and 450 redeemed) but have noticed that when I try to send further invites they are not showing in the list. Is 400 the max number of pending invites that the system can have? Or is there a cap on how many invites 1 user can send?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

It is likely the UI is only showing 400, but the rest are there.

(Yvonne Brill) #3

Think I figured it out - I was sending invites to a group of people who’d already been invited. Usually the system throws up a red flag that says the email couldn’t be sent and to check if the person has already been invited.

Looks like that flag is only triggered if the person has accepted the invite - if the original invite is still classed as Pending then a new invite is resent but the user’s details don’t move up the Pending list, they stay in the list next to the date their original invite was sent. So I was getting the confirmation that an email had been sent but wasn’t seeing the corresponding user listed at the top/most recent spot on the Pending list.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

I agree we should fix this, if you resend the invite then the date in Pending should be changed as well can you add this to your list @techAPJ

(Arpit Jalan) #5

Fixed via: