Categories page on mobile

(Sol) #1

Why is there so much free space at the end of the categories page on mobile (Note 3 with Chrome / 4.4.2).?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

I am hijacking this topic to discuss some minor improvements to mobile category page.

@neil I think these changes are maybe easy and we can slip them in 1.3. Here’s way it is now, on left, with how I think it should be, on right:

(Sam Saffron) #3

Thats pretty loud and the margin is way too tight in that mockup imo.

I don’t feel super strongly here anyway cause I almost never visit that page.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Simply echoes the desktop categories page, put them side by side if you don’t believe me. We should change this because the current mobile categories page is really quite awful. Cc @neil

(Neil Lalonde) #5

The mobile categories page is now less awful!

(Jeff Atwood) #6

Looks so much better, thank you! One minor tweak, subcategories left margin should align with the stuff above it.

(Daler) #7

Would it be possible to make the Categories page on mobile show similar data as for desktop?

I set the “desktop category page style” to Categories only but the mobile page still shows categories with latest topics.

Sure it is possible to hide the topics with CSS, but we’re going to let users browse through hundreds of categories and there’s no need to query/load unnecessary topics info from the server on this page (especially for mobile users).