Category column discrepancy between categories with and without sub-category

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #1

Continuing the discussion from Why does the category column disappear when inside a category?:

I’m hoping to see this column replaced by the sticky index anyhow, but for the time being there is a discrepancy. In top-level categories with no sub-categories, the column does not show. However for top-level categories with sub-categories, it shows.

(cpradio) #2

Yeah, and it should show for the second, as your screenshot shows, there are some topics shown in the subcategory (see all is choosen), but if you select RFC, as the sub-category, I would expect the category column to be hidden.

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #3

I noticed this is still the case.

c/dev and c/extensibility show sub-categories, whereas;

c/support and c/feature c/ux does not.

(cpradio) #4

Screenshots?

As I see the category column for Support and Extensibility, I don’t for dev (assuming because I muted translations) and or ux (as ux doesn’t have sub-categories).

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #5

[quote=“cpradio, post:4, topic:21918”]
As I see the category column for Support and Extensibility, I don’t for dev (assuming because I muted translations) and or ux (as ux doesn’t have sub-categories).
[/quote]That’s weird! This is what I see (also I meant feature, not UX):

(cpradio) #6

What I see for Support

For Feature

So I definitely see a difference, no idea what causes it though.

(Régis Hanol) #7

I know what the issue is. Since none of the first X topics we initialy load for both “support” and “feature” have a sub category, we automatically hide the category column.

Will see if I can fix it.

(Régis Hanol) #8

Here’s the fix :rabbit2:

(Régis Hanol) #9