Category Group Review/Moderation

:mega: There have been many changes to this feature since first released. Check out Category Moderator Improvements for the latest details.

In the latest builds of Discourse I’ve recently merged a feature that some forums have been asking for some time now, the ability for regular non-staff users of a group to moderate and review content in specific categories.

How to Use

1. Enable the enable category group moderation site setting. It’s default to off.
    The site setting was called enable category group review on earlier versions of Discourse. If you can’t find enable category group moderation in site settings, try searching for the old setting name.

2. Edit a category, and click Settings. Under the Moderation section you’ll have the ability to add a single group.

Note this is a current limitation of the category review that only one group can be granted review access per category as it makes the design of the feature much simpler with higher performance. If none of your existing groups are a good fit you can always create a new group just for this specific purpose.

3. Members of your group will now see the Needs Review section in the header, with a count of the items they can review. They can go into the queue and review queued posts and flags.

The feature is brand new so I’d expect some bugs until we polish it. Please provide feedback and I’ll address it quickly!

82 Likes