(please correct the wrong terms that i used)
- i read a post which replies to some other post
- i click on the (button which has no tooltip or explanation) to see to which post this reply was made
- [bad ux 1]: i have to move my mouse to the left of the “replied to” post, to close this preview (i didn’t need to read it coz i remember it, but i needed the context). I think the close preview should be exactly under my mouse.
- [bad ux 2]: the scroll position is moved: the post i clicked is now moved from the middle of the screen to the top.
This is especially weird compared to how quoting preview works:
- i can click anywhere on the title to open close (toggle) the original post, not only on that little arrow on the right
- scroll position is not moved
- the close preview arrow remains on the right side of the screen, so i need not move the mouse