Click on "Reply" sometimes without effect

This is a minor bug, but it has been irritating me long enough to finally file a bug report.

When I like a post and then click “Reply” on that post, the editor does not open. I click “Reply” again, and now it opens. This doesn’t happen everytime I try the combination, but often enough to be irritating.

Maybe a timing issue - if the AJAX call from the “like” action hasn’t returned yet, the “Reply” click is silently dropped?

Liking and fast clicking on "Likes" has no effect
Click on “Reply” sometimes without effect
(Sam Saffron) #2

OK I have repro here, can confirm the bug.

Great, just came back because I forgot: Firefox 32 on Windows 7.

(Sam Saffron) #4

@eviltrout this is actually happening cause updateFromPost is having trouble figuring out that nothing really changed. So its re-rendering the post menu at a bad time, so, I guess the clicks are going nowhere.

(Robin Ward) #5

Ugh I can reproduce on production but it’s hard in development mode… seeing what I can do!

(Robin Ward) #6

I can’t seem to figure out why the click is swallowed when a re-render is triggered. I think the correct solution would be to cleanly merge the post actions so a second render is not triggered. Right now we’re throwing away the post actions every time.

Unfortunately it’s a little tricky as we’ll need a smarter diff for merging the actions.

(Jeff Atwood) #7

Any better now @faoileag?

(Jeff Atwood) #8

(Sam Saffron) #9

In theory this will be “super magically” fixed with glimmer… I hope, one of our longest standing bugs, just popped up again so reopening

(Sam Saffron) #10

(Jeff Atwood) #11