Command-G for Upload?

(Peter N Lewis) #1

What happened to Command-G for Upload in the message composer?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

I dunno, is there an editor hotkey for upload @eviltrout? Tooltips do not indicate there is…

(Peter N Lewis) #3

It appears to have disappeared between 1.4.6 and 1.5.1 (I have an automation that relies on it (since Pasting images doesn’t work in Safari) so I noticed its absence pretty quickly).

(John ) #4

Some discussion here:

(Robin Ward) #5

Yeah the issue here is finding a unique key for it. Cmd+G won’t do. See the above topic.

(John ) #6

There needs to be an international agency for licensing keyboard shortcut space.

(Kane York) #7

CASA - Computing Assigned Shortcuts Association

(Peter N Lewis) #8

I don’t understand that. Its ok to take over Cmd-F (which if Edit ➤ Find, used in all applications on the Mac), but you’re not happy to take over Cmd-G (which is Edit ➤ Find Next, used in all applications on the Mac). If you take over Cmd-F, then Cmd-G is useless since you can’t enter the search in the first place…?

Help us test the rewritten Composer
(Jeff Atwood) #9

Totally different discussion, because find ain’t gonna find shit when we only load 20 posts at a time in the browser and you are expecting to “find” something in reply 67. This is also only done on topics with more than 20 replies.

(Peter N Lewis) #10

OK, fine, in the absence of a replacement keystroke, is there a JavaScript command that will work? I can trigger some JS in response to a hot key of my choosing.

(Jeff Atwood) #11

Just help us find a replacement in the other topic and we should be good.