Comment wrongly attributed (low priority)

(Hans Mentz) #1

Over at the Fairphone Discourse instance, I commented on a comment which commented on one of my comments, etc. Now, it looks as if I commented on my own comment, saying “humorkritik said:” on top of my post. However, I clearly marked text from @kgha and hit “Quote reply”.
Maybe that happened because I edited my post?

Can someone look into this (low priority, but still…)

(Régis Hanol) #2

I’ve seen that happen already, but I couldn’t reproduce it. Can you reproduce it on http://try.discourse.org?

(Hans Mentz) #3

I’ll do my very best.

(Dave McClure) #4

Looks like edit history isn’t visible, to the public, but if you can view your own edit history, you can see whether the issue existed before your edit (my guess is it did).

In the raw markdown of your post (which can be seen here if you’re logged in), you can see that your name is wrongly inserted there. :

[quote="humorkritik, post:13, topic:1106"]
    If you still have access to PlayStore it should be easy - since you already paid for it you should be able to re-install it for free.
    [/quote]

If you’re trying to reproduce the issue, worth keeping an eye out in the composer window to see when that gets wrongly written. (You could also fix your post by editing the user name in the markdown if you care to).

(Hans Mentz) #5

Thanks, @mcwumbly, that’s nifty.

I couldn’t reproduce yet. I ran into server errors, but I think it’s unrelated. Can’t try any further, "We have a daily limit on how many times that action can be taken. Please wait 23 hours before trying again." :smiley:

Hm, maybe it’s PICNIC? :-/

(Sam Saffron) #6

I fixed this issue a while back (and again yesterday)

If you “quote reply” an expanded “in reply to” it was misattributed.

The sequence to repro @humorkritik was

1. Expand the “> kgha”
  2. Select text there
  3. Quote reply

(Sam Saffron) #7