Configuring Patreon integration with Discourse

plugins

(Vinoth Kannan) #96

I think you misunderstood. The user accounts are not created automatically. But you can send invitation to join from invites page at forum.yourdomain.com/u/YourUsername/invited/pending.

Thanks for the report. I will check that.

(Chris Enns) #97

Ah gotcha. Yeah I assumed it was syncing data somehow - but that only happens if they create an account on Discourse with a matching email address to their Patreon account.

Whereas Discord does some sort of user matching thingy. Too many “Dis” apps. :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Chris.

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #98

Exactly we download your patrons list, so when this new user sign up on Discourse, he will be assigned the group membership right away.

(Yamada Brother) #99

It’s a bit confusing how to add badges to a whole group we create.

For instance, adding a money-related badge to users in group patron.

I referred here but I don’t really understand what a badge query is, or how to run it.

Is there any plugin which exists since the post 5 years ago, that can do this?

(Vinoth Kannan) #100

By default Patreon plugin will create the “Patron” badge automatically and the plugin will grant it to the users in “patrons” group. You can change the badge name, image, icon and etc., in the url discourse.yoursite.com/admin/badges.

If you want to grant a badge to users in other group then you can follow below topics.

(Yamada Brother) #101

I see no Patron badge.

I created the patrons group and they were assigned with the group title correctly; any reasoning for this?

(Vinoth Kannan) #102

You may renamed or removed it accidentally. Or you may created the patrons group even before installing the Patreon plugin. I never heard this kind of report before. Now you have to run these lines in rails console to create a badge manually. Or use the admin UI to create the badge and don’t forgot to include the SQL query.