Configuring SMTP

unsupported-install

(Sathya Narayanan Subramanian) #1

I tried to configure the SMTP via Web View in the Dashboard of Admin Account. No option to edit.

Then, I tried to edit the file “/apps/discourse/htdocs/config/discourse.conf”, and I got back with this error, where i’m unable to save the file.

Looking forward for your suggestions.

Info: Installed Discourse on Microsoft Azure’s Linux VM from Marketplace (one click install). Connecting via PuTTY from a Windows PC with SSH.

(Daniela) #2

The installation via Microsoft Azure is a Bitnami installation and it is unsupported.

Because you can’t. Here is only displayed the data you entered during the installation.

You can try a normal installation following discourse/INSTALL.md at master · discourse/discourse · GitHub or a 14 days trial here https://www.discourse.org/

BTW if you want, you can try to follow the Azure/Bitnami guide to Discourse Bitnami Discourse for Microsoft Azure

(Jay Pfaffman) #3

You should look at discourse/INSTALL-cloud.md at master · discourse/discourse · GitHub .

You might be able to do something like

cd /var/discourse
./launcher stop app
./discourse-setup

And fix the settings that way.

Also, it’s a pretty good bet that using office365 as your SMTP service won’t work and is a violation of their terms of service.