Consolidated Pageviews not working since update 2.5.0.beta4

Hi,

I updated my instance to 2.5.0.beta4 a few days ago and noticed that the Consolidated Pageviews are not working anymore:

Other than that, the forum is working as intended and members are connected & talking. The stats below the Consolidated Pageviews are working (Signups, Topics, Posts, etc).

During the update, I didn’t change anything in particular. The only major thing that happened during the rebuild was the PostgreSQL 12 update shenanigans that I eventually fixed.

Things I already checked so far:

• Reboot the server and instance
  • Rebuild the instance
  • Do a ./discourse-doctor that only raised this problem:
Discourse version at forum.mywebsite.com: Discourse 2.5.0.beta4
Discourse version at localhost: NOT FOUND

==================== DNS PROBLEM ====================
This server reports NOT FOUND, but forum.mywebsite.com reports Discourse 2.5.0.beta4 .
This suggests that you have a DNS problem or that an intermediate proxy is to blame.
If you are using Cloudflare, or a CDN, it may be improperly configured.

I’m not sure to understand this problem and how it could be linked to my Pageviews issue. The instance is indeed running behind an Apache subdomain proxy, without Cloudflare/CDN. This configuration was working perfectly fine for years.

• Check Sidekiq. Everything seems to be fine there, no failed jobs. I assume the job that builds Pageviews is Jobs::DashboardStats which seems to work (last Result OK, duration 23ms). Triggering it manually doesn’t help unfortunately.

I’m running out of ideas to where I can check my issue. Any help is welcome.

1 Like

Hi, please update your site ASAP. The issue has been fixed 4 days ago:

5 Likes

Ah, I think I found the problem. I did a git pull prior to rebuilding, but my local repo was already up to date. My daskboard also says that it’s up to date.

Turns out my instance is running from the Docker repo, which didn’t receive this fix yet. Can the Docker repo be updated ?

1 Like

That is the official repo, you can manually upgrade by visiting /admin/upgrade

2 Likes

I’m confused, the upgrade manager says everything is up to date. :confused:

1 Like

Please rebuild from the console

cd /var/discourse
./launcher rebuild app
2 Likes

After rebuilding one last time it seems like the Pageviews are back. Thanks! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.