To slightly generalize this, I think this feature request boils down to a setting Notify me of my own posts when I'm watching a topic. I don’t think that makes a lot of sense, but on the other hand, I never understood the idea behind mailing list mode echoing your posts
Another way to read this is a request to add an option to expand mailing list mode to messages.
This discrepancy occurs because watching every topic and having mailing list mode on behaves very, very similarly, but differs in the ability to have your own posts echoed – and mailing list mode doesn’t exist for messages.
When using public posts, and mailing list mode is on:
I always get an email if someone else posts.
When I post myself, whether I get mailed a copy or not depends on the choice made when enabling mailing list mode.
When using group messages in a watched inbox:
I always get an email if someone else posts.
When I post myself, I never get an email, and there is no way to enable that. This is because mailing list mode does not apply to messages, and Watching does not trigger notifications for own posts.
This is basically the inverse of the old I don’t want to get notifications for my own (public) posts resentment: This is I do want to get notifications for my own (group) messages.
하지만 왜 활성화 옵션을 추가하지 않는 걸까요? 메일링리스트 모드에서 그룹과 범주가 다르게 작동한다는 것을 디스코urs 사용자들에게 매번 설명하기 싫거든요. 그리고 “기술에 익숙하지 않은” 사람들(이메일 클라이언트에서 토론 전체, 심지어 자신의 답변까지 보고 싶어하는 사람들)이 토론에 참여할 수 있도록 허용하는 것이죠. 우리는 "비기술 포럼"이므로 이런 사람들이 많습니다.