Copy/paste uploading buggy on Chrome?

There are some reports on my forum that the copy/paste at least on Chrome on my forum and here on meta.

The drag and drop works fine, the upload via the toolbar’s button too. It’s only the copy/paste that seems broken.

(Régis Hanol) #2

You will have to explain better than that. “Something seems broken” isn’t helping us much…

The paste option is not available. I can’t paste an image. I can drag and drop, not copy/paste an image.

I’m on version 56 of chrome, desktop version

Doesn’t work on my forum, on meta.discourse.org

(David Taylor) #4

I just copy and pasted that into the composer in the latest version of chrome on my mac^^

What OS are you using, and do you have an example of an image that doesn’t work?

Chrome (57 now, just updated) on Windows 10 (64 bits). Someone reported the same issue on Vivaldi but I didn’t try. It works on Firefox (for me at least).

I can try any image, none works on copy/paste only

Drag and drop is okay tho :

(Dean Taylor) #6

I run beta versions of Chrome - but it’s working for me…

On Google Chrome 58.0.3029.19 beta (64-bit) on Windows 10:

On Google Chrome 58.0.3029.54 beta (64-bit) (very latest) on Windows 10

(Sam Saffron) #7

Can you try in incognito mode without any plugins?

Same issue.

But if it’s just me and another user it’s ok.

I use Firefox by default and it works fine on this browser, i thought it could be a bug affecting everyone alse on Chrome, this is why I reported it

(Dean Taylor) #9

I remember an issue coming up over a year ago…
… something in my head is saying “have you tried turning it off and on again”.

Seriously - I’ve had this previously where the clipboard didn’t paste right in Chrome - a machine restart sorted the issue.

(Régis Hanol) #10

2 posts were split to a new topic: Copy/paste in latest Chrome on Android