Could not find email_reply_trimmer-0.0.6 in any of the sources

Installation recurring error:Could not find email_reply_trimmer-0.0.6 in any of the sources

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Issue with great firewall of China? Use alternate gem source?

The past two days beginning , version: tests-passed can not be installed in China, But stable can be installed successfully ,I have added web.china.template.yml, The new version may be a bit problem

(Alan Tan) #4

The Gemfile is missing.

Are you running bundle install in the directory with a Gemfile?

No Gemfile may be normal , 1.5.0.beta9 no problem that way ,The problem is beta10

(Alan Tan) #6

I don’t quite follow why having no Gemfile is normal

Are you following the standard docker based install?

yes,The installation process without any problems , bundle install after that ,system hint:Bundler::GemfileNotFound
the new version may not support web.china.template.yml

(Alan Tan) #8

Can you post your full logs?

Could not find email_reply_trimmer-0.0.6 in any of the sources

Installation recurring error:Could not find email_reply_trimmer-0.0.6 in any of the sources Other users in China This problem also occurs ,discourse does not support Chinese users?
https://meta.discoursecn.org/t/launcher-rebuild-app-报错,帮看下。/876/5

(Alan Tan) #11

Which RubyGems source are you using? Mostly likely the mirror has not been synced with the latest.

(Erick Guan) #12

web.china.template.yml makes use of taobao mirror. RubyGems 镜像 - 淘宝网

Gem source is not synced properly. Issue filed:

Although, Taobao guarantee the 15 minutes synchronized period as the homepage said.

It’s holiday season. I don’t expect they can fix this in the several days.

Without web.china.template.yml, you have to try multiple times since bootstrap will use Rubygems which hosts gem in Amazon S3. It’s being partially blocked by GFW.

(Erick Guan) #13

A short update summary to this. Taobao mirror also gets the connection problem for the exact same reason since they are also affected by GFW…

(Erick Guan) #14

A follow up, Taobao mirror uses a HTTP proxy right now. The situation (sync time) should be much better.