Couple of Questions

Hi All,
Just have a couple of questions please

1. Is it possible to have a category where as a user can post a topic but them and admins are the only ones that can see it?

2. Is it possible to have a sub-category prefilled with certain topics when it is created (We set up a large number of groups of which all have the same initial posts)

3. We create a group of which has access to a particular sub category and then have to add a set number of users to this group. Is there any quicker way of setting this up or making it partially / fully automated?

Thanks,
Mike

(Felix Freiberger) #2

Categories cannot do this – but messages can now be sent to groups. A message to the admins group implements exactly these permissions.

(Régis Hanol) #3

I’d use the API to do 2 & 3.

Thanks for your response @fefrei I just wanted to avoid each admin being hammered with private messages but could check for this private instead as such

Interesting I hadn’t thought of the api. Has anyone utilised the Api to a major extent as of yet? I would be interested to hear of some concepts it’s been used for. I will start to digest some of the info within it.

(Felix Freiberger) #6

Each admin can separately choose to track or watch the shared inbox as he pleases.

The API is used extensively: The Discourse web application itself uses this exact API :wink: