Create user automatically from user creation on our website

So here’s the deal, we have a website portal where user can submit their work, monitor their progress and other related things.
We also have our Discourse up and running for existing users, employees and staff where we share knowledge and ressources.
In our website Portal, new users have exercises to do, when they have a question about a certain exercise they will click on a help button. When clicked, we want our Discourse to open to that specific topic and help them from there.
So since we don’t want to make those topic available to anybody landing on our pages, our thoughts is that they will have to be signed up in a way to view it.
Is this seems to be possible to create a user automatically ( I guess with the API and by adding a Plugin ) from a user creation on our website Portal.
Or maybe there is another way you may think of.
Thanks in advance

To create the users automatically, see DiscourseConnect - Official Single-Sign-On for Discourse (sso).

It also sounds like you don’t understand how How to use category security settings to create private categories

2 Likes

DiscourseConnect why in the world in all my research i didn’t came across this. Thanks for this @pfaffman
We created private Categories for certain groups already and it is working flawlessly, and now with DiscourseConnect we will be able to assign newcomers with a trust level and within a group.
I’ll post update
Thanks again

2 Likes