Creating a Task List plugin

(Lukas Heddendorp) #1

Hello,
I want to end up having a list with tasks where every user can check if he already fulfilled the task.
Tasks can be added and removed by the moderators.
What is the best way of implementing such a feature, by using some kind of API to authenticate the users, or by writing a plugin for Discourse?
I should maybe also tell you that I am quite experienced with web development, but since now only used php for such things.

Any help is welcome, looking forward to your responses.
Cheers, Lukas

Using Discourse: Tracking tasks / TODO lists?
(Dave McClure) #2

There is a checklist plugin. May not perfectly suit your needs, but worth taking a look:

(Lukas Heddendorp) #3

That’s close, but the idea was that the users would tick the boxes and whoever made the list sees like:
buzz, steve and andre have completed …

(Jeff Atwood) #4

We built something similar to this way back when, but put it aside to focus on core discussions. Would definitely support it as a plugin, task lists are common.

(Lukas Heddendorp) #5

So there are good chances to get such a plugin when time goes by.I’m not only searching for already made plugins.
Is there a way to get this plugin or isn’t it functional anymore?
Docs on API interaction and / or plugin making or links to such things are welcome as well.

(Dave McClure) #6

Check out the extensibility / plugin categories for links to github repos for existing plugins and try searching for plugin tutorial here on meta too.

(Lukas Heddendorp) #7

Plugins don’t really fit my needs :frowning:
But is there a Login API in some way?
Like send credentials to discours and get back any positive result if the credentials where correct?