CSS updates stopped working

I was working away at my CSS changes and going well and all of a sudden the site has reverted back to default and will no longer apply any of my styles.

I read some forum topics about perhaps too many includes so i combined them all into 1 but no luck.

No css is being applied anymore no matter how basic, any ideas would be much appreciated here as I am loving this software and looking to have some fun customising it.

Thanks.

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #2

I believe this happens when your SASS code fail to compile, can you share it?

(Mittineague) #3

How were you applying the custom CSS, in Admin -> Customize?

AFAIK those are saved in a database table field that should be able to hold quite a lot, but maybe not so much?

If you have a lot of custom CSS it would be easy enough to write a plugin - a simple plugin.rb file and an assets/styles/somefilename.scss file would do.

Excuse me, to be clear I am using the admin editor for simple changes as I am getting used to the system.

For some reason it just stopped working no matter how small the edit is.

Thanks for that tip, SASS pro but still a Ruby Noobie so I will get to that soon :slight_smile:

For the moment would love to just make some simple edits to break it out the box a little.

You’re correct, I found a compiler error on the front end.

‘Syntax error: Invalid CSS after "…er_background: ": expected expression (e.g. 1px, bold), was "#nil !default;"
on line 5 of theme_variables.scss
from line 1 of custom stylesheet’

What is the simplest/quickest way to recompile the SASS?

Also to note, I have stripped all custom CSS and this is still happening.

Thanks again.

(cpradio) #7

I think the suggestion was to do a ./launcher rebuild app for the last time this occurred, let me see if I can find the prior topic.

Thanks for that, looks like thats it. I will give it a go.