CTL-V has different behavior than Right-Click Paste

if I right-click paste then only the end of paragraphs get a CRLF after I clcik “Reply” at the end of a topic. If I enter CTL-V then basically every end-of-line results in a CRLF.

I prefer the “Paste” behavior but shouldn’t these actions be consistent?

(Kane York) #2

This sounds like it’s browser-dependent. What browser are you using, and where is the text copied from?

I’m using Firefox 41.0.2 under Windows 10.

The sample data is the first two paragraphs from here:

like this (paste):

House Republican leaders introduced legislation just before midnight on Monday, finalizing a two-year budget agreement between Congressional leaders and the White House. The introduction sets up a vote as early as Wednesday on the bipartisan budget deal which would increase military and domestic spending and avert a potentially catastrophic default in exchange for long-term spending cuts.

The 144-page bill, which is the result of weeks of negotiations between the White House and Congressional leaders, would increase spending by $80 billion over two years and would increase the federal borrowing limit through March 15, 2017. A Wednesday vote all but ensures the budget deal will be one of the last acts for House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) who intends to step down from the speakership by Friday.

Or like this (CTL-V):

House Republican leaders introduced legislation just before midnight
on Monday, finalizing a two-year budget agreement between Congressional
leaders and the White House. The introduction sets up a vote as early as
Wednesday on the bipartisan budget deal which would increase military
and domestic spending and avert a potentially catastrophic default in
exchange for long-term spending cuts. The 144-page bill, which is
the result of weeks of negotiations between the White House and
Congressional leaders, would increase spending by $80 billion over two
years and would increase the federal borrowing limit through March 15,
2017. A Wednesday vote all but ensures the budget deal will be one of
the last acts for House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) who intends to
step down from the speakership by Friday.

It looks like this is a browser feature where ctrl+v includes formatting when pasting. You can also use ctrl+shift+v to paste without formatting (the same as context menu -> paste).

More info: How to paste as plain text in Firefox - gHacks Tech News

Thanks very much for your help.