Custom colors produce grey background?

(Pablo Macaluso) #1

Hello guys im styling my discourse, and i dont know how to change this.

Any help for this? Those darkgray colors

And how to change the editor to wait or different color?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Did you set colors with Admin, Customize, Colors first?

I would not attempt CSS unless you know CSS.

(Pablo Macaluso) #3

I set with the Admin Panel.

THIS:

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Try using the revert button.

(Pablo Macaluso) #5

If i revert all buttons i revert the changes i made it.
I think theres no option in that menu for the editor color or the other.

Material Design for Discourse
(Jeff Atwood) #6

You’ll just have to experiment. If you have set custom CSS, you should clear it. In general I suggest learning CSS if you need to do advanced customization.

As @codinghorror mentioned, I would not recommend making heavy CSS customizations before understanding the basics of CSS or how to use the browser inspector.

That being said, at the risk of being an enabler, if you want to fix your post background color you should be able to do it with this:

##Post background

.topic-body {
background-color: /*your color of choice*/;
}

And I am not sure how you might have managed to change the highlight color and editor color on accident, but according to the inspector you should be able to correct it with this:

##Menu Highlight

.d-dropdown li:not(.category):not(.heading):hover a:not(.badge-notification) {
background-color: /*your color*/;
}

##Editor

#reply-control .wmd-controls #wmd-input{
background-color: /*you know the drill*/;
}

Once again, just putting in these changes is simply putting a band-aid on the real problem and it could be ripped off at any moment, and I think we all know how much it hurts to rip off a band-aid.

(Mittineague) #8

Yes, not specific enough and the rule is likely to be applied where it isn’t wanted.
Too specific and it will break when the DOM / attributes change.

Exactly, I should have put a disclaimer that I did very little testing with any of those changes, so in retrospect I shouldn’t have even posted them. Just know that they are to be used at your own risk and are not suggested as safe global changes.

(Pablo Macaluso) #10

Thank you so much for your help…