Custom reason flagging UI issue using iPhone SE/5x

(ljpp) #1

Raising a flag with more than one row of issue description causes issues with iPhones that have the classic low-res display. This includes the rather recent SE model (still sold) and the 5x series that has a huge install base.

The button to send the report falls below the screen and scrolling is impossible.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Oh I see this is specific to the expanded “something else” flag type. @neil can you add this to your list, I guess the only viable solution is to make “something else” textbox about one line in height? That’s all I can think of.

(Neil Lalonde) #3

I changed it to show one line for that textarea on mobile view small screens. Works on my old iPhone 5.

(ljpp) #4

Not very elegant, but atleast I am able to flag now. Writing/editing the reason becomes a bit of a challenge.

I presume this also limits the phones with modern screen resolutions to a single line of text?

(Neil Lalonde) #5

What solution do you propose?

(ljpp) #6

I dont think I am much of a UI designer (MSc’s rarely are), but the layout does waste some vertical space. There are spacer lines, gaps above and below the floater etc. Perhaps the layout could be compacted to allow 2 rows for the custom reason?

But your fix does resolve the broken functionality, so :+1:.

(Sam Saffron) #7