A discussion about customizable email templates in Discourse has arisen. jerry0 reported that certain group templates, such as group_mentioned and group PMs, are missing from the list of customizable email templates in the Admin section. Despite codinghorror initially stating that nothing is missing and that every single character of text is customizable, jerry0 provided a list of available templates and pointed out the missing ones.
codinghorror later clarified that the missing templates can be found by searching for the text inside the messages using the search area in Admin, Customize, Text Content. jerry0 found this solution helpful. Meanwhile, downey humorously expressed skepticism about the claim that every single character of text in Discourse can be modified.
We are customizing some of the email templated to be found in /admin/customize/email_templates. The user templates are there (user posted etc). However we do not find the group templates in there.
When I check the email logs having sent a group mention notification email, it refers to group_mentioned email format. I guess there is another for group PMs. However they are missing from the list of customizable templates. Can they be added please?
Another template seems to be missing - i get an uncustomized email notification when watching a first post on a topic for a certain tag. I assume there should be a template for that in there somewhere? In fact I am guessing that there are a load of templates missing from the list?
I will post below the full list of user notification email templates (I have stripped out the system messages) in this customization section in Admin, from it I hope you can see there are indeed missing templates?
There is for example no group_mention template to customize, nor user_following: