Hello there. I am new to Discourse and I have been interested in implementing kind of a study group using it. But from specification I am needing to do some customization. I see many posts talk about customization through the Admin interface but I would need some thing more.
The changes I would like to implement would include
- Adding a select list for categories & custom html w.r.t. categories
- Adding custom fields for user profiles (like department)
- Some CSS styling
From what I understand we can do 2 and 3 from the admin side. But I am not very comfortable with the updates sticking in a DB. I like them to be on a solid file.
- How would we update views / html (I am interested in adding some thing like a dropdown list for categories)
- Is there some thing like Deface for view overrides?
- If we customize the repo, what would we need to do to update the docker repo as we are interested in using docker for deploy.
Thank in advance.