When viewing the Dashboard in Brave I’m seeing a few cosmetic issues that are making it difficult to read:
Specifically the tool tip and the values below the graphs. Can someone confirm this?
Dashboard Not Displaying in Brave Due to Fingerprint Protection
The issue of the dashboard not displaying in Brave is being discussed. vel initially reported the issue, sharing images of the cosmetic problems they encountered.
Remah suggested turning off fingerprint protection, which is not enabled by default in Brave. vel confirmed that turning off device recognition resolves the issue, allowing the dashboard to display correctly.
It appears that the fingerprint protection feature in Brave is causing the issue, as it restricts certain web features required for the dashboard to function properly. Remah shared a link to the Brave wiki, which explains that fingerprinting protection is off by default due to its potential to break site functionality.
Other users, such as Krischan and Remah, reported not experiencing the issue in Brave, while sam noted that Chromium, which Brave is based on, is close to a supported browser and should work with the dashboard.
I don’t think that we officially support Brave.
Can’t confirm. Looks good in my Brave browser.
@Krischan I have shields up for device recognition.
With all the privacy abuse going on I don’t support device recognition. Not until the ad industry takes responsibility of user data.
Brave isn’t supported. Unless you can repro the issue with a supported configuration there isn’t really anything to do here.
Have you tried disabling all your plugins, we are unable to repro, we host the brave forums and the admins there never complained about this
Tried to repro, works fine for me with the same options you’ve shown here.
Talking about brave plugins here ![]()
I know that iOS/iPadOS 13 is not the same as macOS but I’m having no problems running as admin using Brave on latest.
By the way, Brave is based on Chromium not Chrome. So it is not close to a supported browser but is quite minimal so I haven’t had any unusual interactions.
Chromium is very close to a supported browser. It is built on Blink and the same rendering engine Chrome uses and v8.
I have all 3 installed on my desktop and all 3 work just fine displaying admin reports.
@vel can you confirm you are running:
[Version 1.0.1 Chromium: 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) unknown (64-bit)](https://brave.com/latest/)
Using:
Version 1.0.1 Chromium: 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)
If it helps, I checked the console to see if there’s any errors going on there and there’s this:
Are shields up when you test in Brave? Brave blocks ads, upgrades to https and blocks device recognition attempts.
![]()
That’s it.
With device recognition off the dashboard displays correctly.
With device recognition on the dashboard shows what is shown at the top of the page.
Fingerprinting Protection Mode · brave/browser-laptop Wiki · GitHub
Because most browser fingerprinting defense requires disabling web features that are required for many sites to work properly, it is implemented as off-by-default for now (can be turned on inabout:preferencesglobally, or on a per-site basis in the Bravery panel).