Default gzip settings?

(Brad Huber) #1

So, like an idiot, the random tutorial I followed (not one of the official ones) never mentioned adding a root password or ssh key to the app.yml file, so I cant ssh into my container. I just want to check the gzip settings in the nginx config, and dont want to shut down the forum, destroy the container, and bootstrap it again unless I need to actually go in there and change anything.

(I’ll need to do it eventually, I know, but I’d rather do that late at night, and I need to know the gzip settings today)

(Tuan Anh Tran) #2

Or you can launch a DO droplet and install diacourse. Wouldnt take more than 30 mins.

I would do it if i can but im on mobile so…

(Jens Maier) #3

Or you could simply update the discourse_docker scripts and run ./launcher enter app as (the host’s) root.

(Brad Huber) #4

Ugh. Thanks. I thought ssh app was the only way in. But that definitely worked!

(Not an Ops guy - just a dev being thrown into that world)

(Sam Saffron) #5

If you are using the default settings: discourse/nginx.sample.conf at master · discourse/discourse · GitHub

(Brad Huber) #6

Thanks! Do you happen to also know what the gzip buffer settings are, since theyre not specifically mentioned in the config? We want to make sure we’re not actually going to use a setting thats a step down.

(Jeff Atwood) #7

I believe @sam set up good gzip defaults recently (early July 2014) in the base Docker image.

After about level 5 there’s no benefit, but you want to be at level 5 for sure.