Deleted and flagged post still showing up after 5 days

(Franz) #1

One of my user deleted a test post he had made a few minutes before:

However, five days later, the post is still showing up (for everyone). I cannot find an error that is obviously related to this in the logs.

Any idea what’s going on?

How to unflag a post automatically flagged by the "system" user?
(Mittineague) #2

The “unless Flagged” happened?

(Franz) #3

That’s what I think too. The user flagged his post to let me know that he tried to delete it but didn’t succeed (in basically all other forum systems, deleting a post simply deletes the post).

Can I unflag or delete the post?

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Sure just click the trashcan icon under the post to delete it. Are you still seeing the “undo delete” icon there instead?

(Franz) #5

Right now I only see the “Undelete this post” icon (with a looping arrow).

(Franz) #6

Illustration:

(Jeff Atwood) #7

Maybe undelete it, then re-delete it? Does that work?

(Franz) #8

Yes, that worked, thanks!

Is this a know bug?

(Jeff Atwood) #9

No – the user must have done something unusual (and we haven’t actually implemented “don’t delete if the post is flagged” for the record… not yet). If you can figure out repro steps on http://try.discourse.org feel free to open a bug.

(Franz) #10

I tried to repro the bug on try.discourse.org but I suspect I don’t have the rights to delete a post.

As far as I remember the repro steps are:

1. User creates a post.
  2. User deletes his post after a few minutes.
  3. User flags his post to bring moderators’ attention to the fact that the post wasn’t actually deleted in step 2.
  4. Moderator notes that post is marked as deleted, waits 24 hours.
  5. 24+ hours later, moderator finds that post is still there and reports issue to meta.discourse.org

(Kane York) #11

Actually, that is implemented. The deleted stub cleaner ignores posts with flags, and has some condition on the flags too… Don’t remember what, though.

It probably needs to be updated for the flag data model changes.

(Jeff Atwood) #12

Ah, that explains the scenario in full, then.

Perhaps the proposed scheduled delete of long term hidden-via-flags content could also clean this up.

(system) #13

(Jeff Atwood) #14

Oh actually this is a good point. @neil we should delete posts that were flagged, delete initiated, but never perma-deleted (due to the presence of the flag) in sync with the long term flag dismissal setting. Can you add to your list for next week?

(Neil Lalonde) #15

It turns out this was almost working. The “auto handle queued age” setting will defer flags if they’ve been around for 60 days (default) or longer. And the “delete removed posts after” setting was supposed to be deleting posts after 24 hours if they have no flags, but it was counting deferred flags as active flags. I made a fix so posts can be deleted if their flags have been deferred.

(Jeff Atwood) #16