Details Tags Bold/Italics

(Dungeon Mistress) #1

There was an update to our site yesterday afternoon (July 13). After the update, we are no longer able to Bold or Italicize the main line in Details Tags.

**I want to bold this**

but it won’t let me.

Is there a way to put this back? We sometimes have long posts with Details Tags and would like to be able to bold some of them.

Thank you.

(Sam Saffron) #2

@eviltrout can you have a look?

(Dungeon Mistress) #3
It's also been pointed out to me that with this last update we've lost the ability to center text.

Using

< div align=center >

< /div >

I, in fact, just used it on the first sentence in this post.

(Eli the Bearded) #4
<b>I want to bold this</b>

Seems like <b>I want to bold this</b> still works.

(Dungeon Mistress) #5

Thanks @Elijah!

Of course, the one code I didn’t try. Can you solve my centering problem also? :slight_smile:

hi I also have the same problem with the same line, old messages remain centered, but new does not work

Can you solve my centering problem also? :wink:

(Dungeon Mistress) #8

While that may be true, if you go in to edit something, they will no longer be centered. (Which is how I discovered this.)

(Eli the Bearded) #9
Unfortunately, no.

(Mittineague) #10

Have you tried CSS ?
maybe

div.regular.content details {
  text-align: center;
}

(Dungeon Mistress) #11

Sorry, I’m not a computer person, are you saying to try

{ text-align: center } as the code?

No you can add this code on the Customize section in the admin panel (in CSS) and it will automatically center the details content

(Dungeon Mistress) #13

Ah, I see. I’m not an Administrator, I’m a Moderator, so I guess I’ll have to link this to them.

Thank you.

(Dungeon Mistress) #14

Ok, here’s what my Admin said

[quote]That’s not going to give a user the option to center their text as desired. That will force the text in that class of divs to be centered, whether the user wants it to be or not.

You need an option for inline styling within the post.[/quote]

Anyone help me with that?

(Sam Saffron) #15

I can see us adding site settings for our sanitizer so you can override here, new sanitizer is a bit stricter than old one

Cc @eviltrout

(Kane York) #16

Yeah, there’s definitely existing posts using <div align=center>.

(Jay Pfaffman) #17

I was going to start a new topic, but here’s another one:

Open gets stripped from details tag

I thought I was going crazy, but it seems that though <details> is left in, <details open> gets stripped to <details> when it’s rendered.

This is a summary that should be open Now you can see this without clicking

Hello, here is a week since we have the problem with this command line: http://i.imgur.com/wSg2bzQ.png that no longer works for the new topics that are created. Former subjects create work, but if we change the subject command no longer works. what can you do for us? we expect a response. Thank you

google traduction : http://i.imgur.com/yMytlqH.png :wink:

(Jeff Atwood) #19

I believe @eviltrout fixed this recently. Depends on your version of Discourse, perhaps?

my version discourse : http://i.imgur.com/dqJeB5r.png