Details Tags Not Working in Firefox?

(Hannah Fordham) #1

We’re using Discourse on the SkySaga forums, and in a thread recently I discovered that Firefox isn’t correctly displaying details tagged things. It works fine in Chrome and Opera (which are my two main browsers) so I hadn’t noticed until a user pointed it out. Weirdly though, the Details tags over on this official Discourse forum do display correctly.

In addition (may or may not be related), I noticed the other day that Spoilers tags aren’t working on our forum. I don’t need help on that (at least not at the moment) and would be happy to investigate that further but the details one is used a fair amount (and I expect it will be used more and more as people learn how to do it) so it not working in a browser that many people use is a problem.

Thread with some details tags to demo this:
http://forum.uk.skysaga.com/t/google-doodles/3361

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Can you reproduce the problem here? What version of Discourse are you on?

Try posting an example here in reply to this post.

(Hannah Fordham) #3

Details tags work fine on this forum from looking at other threads, but I will just check…

Just to double checkDetails go here.

v1.4.0.beta2 +46 is the version listed in the admin panel.

edited to add
Yup, still working fine here in Firefox. For reference, Firefox version 38.0.5 on Windows 7.

Sorry to post in this old topic but I’m having exactly the same problem. Details work fine in this forum but not mine. I’m using version v1.5.0.beta6 +182.

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #5

Are you using this plugin?

I don’t think it is included by default.

Apparently now it does:

(Jeff Atwood) #7

It was not included by default, but as of a few weeks ago, the Details plugin is included by default on all Discourse installs now.

So is there any solution to this? I don’t understand why is this happening only in my forums because here details work fine.

EDIT:

I managed to fix it by adding this JS code:

<script>
    $(document).on('click', 'details', function(){
       $(this).toggleClass('open'); 
    });
</script>

(Jay Pfaffman) #9

I had to add this code today on a client’s site to get <details> tags to open in Firefox. Seems like this might be something to fix. @eviltrout, you might want to take a look.

(Jeff Atwood) #10

Actually this is @zogstrip’s feature.

(Régis Hanol) #11

What version of Discourse are you using? What version of Firefox are you using?

Works fine here with FF 42.

(Barry van Oudtshoorn) #15

Could it perhaps be

surfacing in another context?

(Régis Hanol) #16

Could be.

We’re already trying to detect whether the browser natively support the details element but that code might not work on latest FF versions. Will test.

(Régis Hanol) #17

I downloaded FF developer edition (:tm:) and <details> worked just fine… :expressionless:

(Jay Pfaffman) #18

I should add here that this problem went away when I removed some plugin. I’m not sure which one it was, but that seemed to be the problem.

(cpradio) #19

It was the Poll UI plugin (which still confuses me that it some how impacted this).