"Device “docker0” does not exist." after ubuntu update

(Camille Roux) #1
  # ./launcher stop app
   Device "docker0" does not exist.
   Cannot connect to the docker daemon - verify it is running and you have access
   # ./launcher start app
   Device "docker0" does not exist.
   Cannot connect to the docker daemon - verify it is running and you have access
   #  service docker start
   Job for docker.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status docker.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
   # systemctl status docker.service
   ● docker.service - Docker Application Container Engine
      Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/docker.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
      Active: inactive (dead) (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2018-07-07 07:54:52 EDT; 6s ago
        Docs: https://docs.docker.com
     Process: 1096 ExecStart=/usr/bin/dockerd -H fd:// (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    Main PID: 1096 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jul 07 07:54:52 forum.nobsentrepreneurs.com systemd[1]: docker.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
   Jul 07 07:54:52 forum.nobsentrepreneurs.com systemd[1]: Failed to start Docker Application Container Engine.
   Jul 07 07:54:52 forum.nobsentrepreneurs.com systemd[1]: docker.service: Unit entered failed state.
   Jul 07 07:54:52 forum.nobsentrepreneurs.com systemd[1]: docker.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
   Jul 07 07:54:52 forum.nobsentrepreneurs.com systemd[1]: docker.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
   Jul 07 07:54:52 forum.nobsentrepreneurs.com systemd[1]: Stopped Docker Application Container Engine.
   Jul 07 07:54:52 forum.nobsentrepreneurs.com systemd[1]: docker.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
   Jul 07 07:54:52 forum.nobsentrepreneurs.com systemd[1]: Failed to start Docker Application Container Engine.
   # docker version
   Client:
    Version:      18.05.0-ce
    API version:  1.37
    Go version:   go1.9.5
    Git commit:   f150324
    Built:        Wed May  9 22:16:25 2018
    OS/Arch:      linux/amd64
    Experimental: false
    Orchestrator: swarm
   Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

(Bhanu Sharma) #2

Docker isn’t running!
What happens if you run
service docker start

(Camille Roux) #3

As I wrote, I get that:

#  service docker start
Job for docker.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status docker.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

(Bhanu Sharma) #4

I’m not very good with docker so I may not be much of help but @pfaffman any idea?

(Mittineague) #5

Not that I’ll understand any of it, but I see the
systemctl status docker.service
but not the
journalctl -xe

Do have that handy?