Difficulties setting up different user groups with permissions

Hey everyone,

I tried searching through existing topics, but couldn’t find the solution for my problem. If there is, but I was too blind, please link it here :slight_smile:

I’m the community manager for a market place platform for teaching materials. The forum is currently only available for our authors (these are our sellers). I plan to open the forum for users/buyers as well, so the community grows.

To protect our authors, I want to give them the chance to stay “invisible” (as in can’t be tagged by other users ect.) if they want to. This is a must-have, since some of them are influencers who value their privacy. My initial idea was to adjust the trust levels, which is not possible from what I found out. Next idea I had was to create groups, but groups also do not override the tagging by normal users. Maybe I’m not setting the groups up correctly, if so please enlighten me :slight_smile:

Maybe it is a good moment to point out, that I cannot code, but we do have an IT department that can, but has limited resources.

Is there a plugin that solves my issue, or do I ultimately have to use a different tool?

Thanks in advance for your help, let me know if you need more information on anything.

Best,
Pascal

How 'invisible" do they want to be? Can they just use a pseudonym? Are you concerned that they’ll get lots of unwanted notifications?

I suppose that a plugin could not notify them when they are @mentioned. Is that the problem you’re trying to solve?

If privacy is what they want then they should either not post or have a pseudonym