Disable topic edit notifications

I just tried this here by doing a quick edit to fix a typo of a member’s post, and I see they were notified.

Personally I am inclined to agree with the OP. In some cases a moderator might feel justified in suppressing the sending of an edit notification. But I can also see how it could be problematic if a rogue moderator decides to start editing posts of others.

I do this all the time on several sites I am on (but not so often here on meta) by selecting text and doing a quick edit, simply to fix typos. If I knew the member who wrote the post gets a notification every time I do that I might do it less! :grimacing:

This is also interesting, as a way to let the member know why their post was edited, to avoid them feeling like they did something wrong. Would make the quick edits impossible, however.