Discobot's narrative is broken

Hi, is there a way i can fix Discobot’s narrative?
it breaks after emoji’s: It asks for an emoji, then reverts back one step, saying it doesn’t see a link in the reply.
skipping doesn’t work.

thanks.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #2

Based on the reply you received, it looks like you attempted to edit discobot’s narrative. You should not see a follow-up asking you for a link when the previous step asks for an emoji.

I just signed up for a new account on https://try.discourse.org and had no issues getting past the emoji step. Have you edited discobot’s narrative in any way?

hi, thanks.
before using discobot at all i changed the @-name - and then changed it back to the original.

other than that: no, i didn’t touch the narrative. i wish i knew how, cos then i’d resolve it, :smiley:

(Jeff Atwood) #4

So to reproduce this, change the name of @discobot then change it back? While in the middle of an ongoing narrative? What is the exact sequence of events to reproduce this problem?

no. i changed the name when i first happened on discobot. just as i hit ‘rename’ i realised the name discobot was as good or as bad as any other, so i changed it back.

month passed. didn’t touch it, cos i’m still building the site.

yesterday, to tell my users what discobot does, i wanted to make a series of screenshots. so i tested him myself. but after the ‘emojis’ he moves back to ‘links’ and doesn’t let me skip.

(Jeff Atwood) #6

I don’t think we can reproduce this so far. Are you on the latest version of Discourse per GitHub? Are you running any third party plugins?

i’m with discourse hosting, they keep me updated on the latest version.

as for plugin:
wp-discourse
and i recently installed memberpress.

(Jeff Atwood) #8

Discourse Hosting runs 1.8.x which isn’t latest, unless you specifically request otherwise. The current version is 1.9 – you can view source on any Discourse web page to see the version near the top.

right.

well, i’ll give it another try when they’ve updated me.

thanks for now!