"Discord Bot": run one on your Discourse server & keep things in sync

That’s what we did. :blush:

2 Likes

Great. Btw I will gladly consider any useful generic improvements to this plugin in case you decide to get coding again :wink:

2 Likes

Okay let’s start slow. I just submitted my first pull request to this repo :smile:.

4 Likes

merged :slight_smile: danke!

4 Likes

Hey! I’ve been trying to find a plugin that will give users in Discord a role based on the badges they have on their Discourse profile. Is this possible with your plugin? If not, is it even possible? Thanks!

2 Likes

Not at present but no reason why you couldn’t fork it and add an appropriate command to implement that!

If implemented well I would consider merging a PR. However it might be a little specific for general use because presumably you’d have to maintain some kind of mapping unless the badge names were same as role names? In any case you’d have to filter out most of them? That might get messy for general use. If you find a really clean way to manage that which would work for general users of the plugin let me know.

But fork away, fill your boots!

2 Likes

I would definitely like to see if it is possible. That would make me even more interested in this plugin. :smiley:

1 Like