Discours + Direct Admin (VPS)

(Tumi) #1

Hi guys !

Can i install discourse next to the Direct Admin ? I dont want to create bug or somethink ? Should i change Port for somethink ? If yes how should i do it ? Just only set domain on www.mydomain.com:1234 (every availble port)

For information i can use ssh :wink:

regards,
sorry for my bad english

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #2

Do you have root access? Can you install Docker?

(Tumi) #3

Yes, i have root accees via ssh , i can install docker

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #4

Then you should be able to install Discourse. Simply follow our our install instructions at https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/master/docs/INSTALL-cloud.md.

(Tumi) #5

Yes i know but tell me about any possible conflict ??

I mean -> Direct Admin Used port 80 and 443 and for ssh ? right ? Then should i set any ports while installing discourse ? Or just do like on the manual and it will be ok

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #6

I am not familiar with Direct Admin so I can’t answer specifically, but you can install Discourse on a another port and use a reverse proxy to serve your site.

(Tumi) #7

Ok , How to install Discourse on a another port ? Just only set www.domain.com:3333 for example ?

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #8

Discourse does not support running with a port in the URL. You’ll need to follow a guide like this: Running other websites on the same machine as Discourse. Note, this guide provides the details for NGINX, but you should be able to follow the basic structure for another reverse proxy.