Discourse 2.7.0.beta7 upgrade failing

Hi,
Discourse new upgrade fails with below error

Errno::ENOENT: No such file or directory @ rb_file_s_size discourse

Is this from the command line or the web interface?

1 Like

It is from the command line

1 Like

I ran an upgrade about 14 hours ago.

Do you have any plugins?

1 Like

Yes i have. Below are my plugins

docker_manager.git
discourse-solved.git
discourse-question-answer
discourse-chat-integration.git

whenever i do git pull and ./laucher rebuild app below is the error i am getting

could not connect to source postmaster started with the command:
“/usr/lib/postgresql/12/bin/pg_ctl” -w -l “pg_upgrade_server.log” -D “/shared/postgres_data” -o “-p 50432 -b -c listen_addresses=’’ -c unix_socket_permissions=0700 -c unix_socket_directories=’/var/lib/postgresql’” start
Failure, exiting

FAILED

Pups::ExecError: /root/upgrade_postgres failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 51 exit 1>
Location of failure: /pups/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:112:in `spawn’
exec failed with the params “/root/upgrade_postgres”

Ah. So you have a postgres issue. You might look at PostgreSQL 13 update.

I have followed the steps but my data was lost after upgrade how to restore it i have followed below steps
./launcher stop app #(or both web_only and data if that is your case)
mkdir -p /var/discourse/shared/standalone/postgres_data_new
docker run --rm
-v /var/discourse/shared/standalone/postgres_data:/var/lib/postgresql/12/data
-v /var/discourse/shared/standalone/postgres_data_new:/var/lib/postgresql/13/data
tianon/postgres-upgrade:12-to-13
mv /var/discourse/shared/standalone/postgres_data /var/discourse/shared/standalone/postgres_data_old
mv /var/discourse/shared/standalone/postgres_data_new /var/discourse/shared/standalone/postgres_data
./launcher rebuild app

Hi, is there any update for this issue?

Are you having a problem? The above issue, I believe, affected only one site.

Yes, I think the issue is there, we are in 2.7.0 beta 6, and we need that site to upgraded to beta7

Is there an official documentation for upgrade the discourse to the latest beta version?

Have you attempted the upgrade and actually encountered problems? If so, create a new topic.

How did you install discourse?

Have you done a

./launcher rebuild app

Yes, I run that command

And I got this error:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
exec failed with the params "/root/upgrade_postgres"

686512fa4d9a0beeea362fe07ad767e1e693ab5250876d83189c3729364e2a2c

** FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP ** please scroll up and look for earlier error messages, there may be more than one.

./discourse-doctor may help diagnose the problem

I think I am getting a similar error on mine trying to rebuild today. This instance has been running un-rebooted since Dec 2020.

I can go on and get the log file later but I know it was more on the Ruby process mine was failing. I had been attributing it to a problem with server resources though, but if other people are having issues, maybe not. Updates have been working fine (and I thought I had already installed the most recent major update) up until this point, minus the mentioned CPU spike issue in my other thread.

Could you please share the steps you do the update for the latest beta version of Discourse? Thanks

We need you to

That will contain the actual error message that can lead to a solution.

The actual error is this after I run the " ./launcher rebuild app" :

Stopping PostgreSQL 12 database server: main.
Stopping PostgreSQL 13 database server: main.
Performing Consistency Checks
-----------------------------
Checking cluster versions                                   ok

*failure*
Consult the last few lines of "pg_upgrade_server.log" for
the probable cause of the failure.

connection to database failed: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
	Is the server running locally and accepting
	connections on Unix domain socket "/var/lib/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.50432"?

could not connect to source postmaster started with the command:
"/usr/lib/postgresql/12/bin/pg_ctl" -w -l "pg_upgrade_server.log" -D "/shared/postgres_data" -o "-p 50432 -b  -c listen_addresses='' -c unix_socket_permissions=0700 -c unix_socket_directories='/var/lib/postgresql'" start
Failure, exiting
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPGRADE OF POSTGRES FAILED