☁️ Discourse Air Theme

Do you think there is a easy solution to show categories and latest side by side in columns like on the standard theme? Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @jordan-vidrine

I have installed your theme but I’m missing the Dark Light Theme Toggle (and Auto Detect) in the hamburger menu like it is in your screenshot.

How can I enable it?

EDIT:
Found it!
It was this setting which hides the setting inside the hamburger menu.
Add color scheme toggle button to site header

EDIT2:

With the dark color scheme is something wrong (or maybe it’s something with my pc).

With Firefox all colors are correct, but with Chromium-based browser the colors are somehow different.
It’s a fresh install from Vivaldi, so no cache was active.
Please have a look at the screenshot.

For some reasons I can’t upload any image (png). :upside_down_face: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You may want to go into your specific user preferences page and make sure the dark-theme that is selected is the same across the browswers. Each browser stores its own user-setting so I am imagining this is what the issue is.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but this can’t be the solution because

1. I did a fresh install of the OS and browsers on my Laptop, and
  2. I wasn’t logged in and I saw the color differences.
1 Like

Have you tried logging in to make sure?

1 Like

For which reason?
The colors are different in Chromium based browser.

Have you tried clearing the cache? And can you share a link?

1 Like

I don’t need to clear the cache because I installed the browser 5 seconds before I visited the site.

I could share a link but I don’t use it anymore so the problem for me is solved.

Thx for reply. I ment Homepage.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll keep looking deeper.

1 Like

I second this! :+1:

Is there an easy way to it?

1. How do I show views in the topic list (that column is missing) ?
  2. Is there a way to show the user and excerpt of the content of the latest most post when showing latest? Or could that be a feature?

When I look at my latest topic list, I’m interested in a sneak-peek at the content of the last person who posted rather than the content of the original post.

1 Like
  1. I’ll have to think about that one!
1 Like

I exported so that I’m able to edit the CSS. There is quite a lot.
Should I just paste that section in the common or just the desktop or in the header?
or carefully overwrite what is there?

1 Like

I would create a new theme-component in your theme area of the admin panel and add to the desktop css page.

3 Likes

My site is every post must be reviewed, but when I update the theme to last, user’s interface is show “post need review”, I don’t want user to see this interface, and try turn it off, but it still here.

1 Like

CSS-wizards… how do I get mobile view a bit less minimalistic and clear, it should look more like desktop version? I’m looking for some space on the left hand side.

This is mobile:

And this is desktop:

Some margins would make it look better and easier readible.

This isn’t new thing. It has been like this ages, but now my users have started complaining about it.

1 Like

what kind of device is that? seems large enough to handle the desktop view well, mobile’s really meant for screens under 600px wide or so

2 Likes

iPad. But I used it only to get screenshot easily, because smaller devices aren’t ment to writing… But same happends with iPhone, other ecosystems aren’t familiar to me — but I’m quite sure majority of my users aren’t at Apple-camp.

And when it is matter of left hand side, size of screen doesn’t matter as you know :wink: Only that matters there is zero marginal.

1 Like

Got the same problem here, it’s been like this for months on my 2 android phones.
If a user log out, the UI will become normal, but when log in, the UI will become like this.

1 Like

I really like this theme and considering to use it, but with some modifications.

The theme is currently not pointing towards a License file. I’m assuming that since it’s officially published under Discourse, it’s a GNU license.

Is that indeed the case?

2 Likes