Discourse App - post a review or star rating

(Blu McCormick) #1

The discourse App is key for me for monitoring activity in the forums. I get notifications seamlessly on my iPhone and can switch between forums with just a few clicks.

I noticed in apple apps there were only seven reviews and perhaps not the best reviews either. I gave it a 5-star rating but couldn’t get Apple to take my written review.

I think some users might confound the iPhone UI with being attributable to the app itself. The function of the app is to just to give you notifications and a shortcut to opening up the forum on your phone.

I think the app would add to your members’ positive experience with your forum provided you keep on all the mobile UI glitches as they come up.

Any-who, I am encouraging people who read this and use the Discourse app to post a review in the relevant app store. Here is what I saw in the Apple app store:

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #2

This is kind of a lost cause to be honnest. I do admit we could improve it but the true issue is that people expect a full blown native app and this is something we will never do, so we will always get a lot of 1 star rating from some people.

(Blu McCormick) #3

It’s a real shame. I see what you mean. I tried to clarify the app’s scope and what it does but for whatever reason couldn’t get my review to post. I hope the app will be maintained because I think a lot of us running forums appreciate having it.

(Sam Saffron) #4

The app is going to continue being maintained, I use it daily as do many of the team

(Blu McCormick) #5

Oh, I’m so glad to hear that! For what it’s worth I’ll see if I can get some more reviews for the app posted. As erroneous as it is to connect reviews of that app to your actual product I bet some people might. When I was looking for a forum platform I did check out the Discourse app as a part of my decision to go with Discourse for my forum. For me, the fact that you had an app was a major plus.

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #6

Sorry if I was un clear sooner, when I was talkin of lost cause, I was talking of getting good ratings. Im definitely using it everyday.