Discourse fails to rebuild

I have tried so hard to scroll back and look for problems, but it turn out I could found nothing causing this problem, is there any other factors causing this issue?

Here is the log

(David Taylor) #2

Looks like an issue caused by the discourse-plugin-permalink plugin. Try removing it and try again

Do you mind pointing out which line is indicating this? I’m rather curious on what that message is looking like, so that the next time the same thing happens, i know where to fix it

(David Taylor) #4

Sure.

The offending error tends to be near the bottom (but not always), so I start at the bottom of the log. Lines 4835-4848 describe the system shutting down, so we don’t care about them. Immediately above that, we have a Ruby stack trace:

NoMethodError: undefined method `after_after_initialize' for #<Plugin::Instance:0x0055bec4ee59e8>
Did you mean?  after_initialize
/var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-plugin-permalink/plugin.rb:12:in `activate!'
/var/www/discourse/lib/plugin/instance.rb:403:in `instance_eval'
/var/www/discourse/lib/plugin/instance.rb:403:in `activate!'
/var/www/discourse/lib/discourse.rb:146:in `block in activate_plugins!'
/var/www/discourse/lib/discourse.rb:143:in `each'
/var/www/discourse/lib/discourse.rb:143:in `activate_plugins!'
/var/www/discourse/config/application.rb:178:in `<class:Application>'
/var/www/discourse/config/application.rb:26:in `<module:Discourse>'
/var/www/discourse/config/application.rb:25:in `<top (required)>'
/var/www/discourse/Rakefile:5:in `require'
/var/www/discourse/Rakefile:5:in `<top (required)>'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/rake-12.1.0/exe/rake:27:in `<top (required)>'
/usr/local/bin/bundle:22:in `load'
/usr/local/bin/bundle:22:in `<main>'
(See full trace by running task with --trace)

You can see there that the offending file is in the /plugins/discourse-plugin-permalink directory.

I then tend to do a search on meta (sorted by “latest post”) for the plugin to see if other people are having the same issue. In this case searching for “discourse-plugin-permalink” I found my own post from a few weeks ago:

So it looks like discourse-plugin-permalink needs to be updated before it will work with Rails 5.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

i tried to disable it, and then it become like this

It wan’t going so great, and i really have no clue on what is causing the problem this time, (at least i can’t fins any trace)

(David Taylor) #7

Yeah, that one’s not quite so clear. It will be caused by one of the plugins you’ve installed. Remove them one-by-one and see whether it’s fixed. Start with the more uncommon ones. If they start with github.com/discourse/ then they’re probably safe.

Actually all of them are from github…

(David Taylor) #9

The important bit is the /discourse after github.com (i.e. they are under the “Discourse” organisation on github). If so, they are plugins supported by the core team, so should be working fine.

I literally commented out all plugins that are not by discourse , and it builds up again, btw, thanks for replying