Discourse Features requirement

(Jide Babalade) #1

Hi guys,

My client, a telecommunication company in Nigeria is contemplating whether or not to adopt discourse to use as its forum, they have some requirements that would guide that decision, they are listed below

1. Flexible user creation
  2. Ease of use
  3. Web-based search functionality with similarities to Google search
  4. Graphic user interface that is easy to use, straight forward and a warm look and feel
  5. Restricted Access and User Authentication
  6. Keyword blocking of rude word to avoid abusive posts
  7. Ability to group users i.e. Administrators, General users and assign different permissions
  8. Ban/Disable offensive users on the platform
  9. Topic/Post Moderation
  10. Participation/Loyalty Reward System
  11. Managing Attachments

I would appreciate a confirmation that all this features can be handled by the Discourse application, in addition to this, i would also like to know what it takes to self host the discourse application, as well as if it allows integrations with a CRM

(Bas van Leeuwen) #2

Did you search around to see if you could answer any of these questions?
Or are you looking for (paid) consultancy to help you answer these?

(Jide Babalade) #3

Hi Bas,

Although i have most of the requirement sorted, i still need answers to some like a lot of the admin features i have not seen first hand, i would like to include screenshot to support my document, and i did not expect that i would need to pay some money just to get more clarity from the community, may be i would send an email to support, thanks for your response

BR

Yes to all.

Details here:

1. Flexible user creation :white_check_mark:
  2. Ease of use :white_check_mark:
  3. Web-based search functionality with similarities to Google search :white_check_mark:
  4. Graphic user interface that is easy to use, straight forward and a warm look and feel :white_check_mark:
  5. Restricted Access and User Authentication :white_check_mark: (Now you have 2FA too)
  6. Keyword blocking of rude word to avoid abusive posts :white_check_mark:
  7. Ability to group users i.e. Administrators, General users and assign different permissions :white_check_mark:
  8. Ban/Disable offensive users on the platform :white_check_mark:
  9. Topic/Post Moderation :white_check_mark:
  10. Participation/Loyalty Reward System :white_check_mark: Gamification!! See badges!
  11. Managing Attachments :white_check_mark:

More features here.

(Jide Babalade) #5

Hello SidV,

thanks for your response, much appreciated, what does this mean

also how can i get access to a sample admin page, need to take some screenshots for my slides

Well my friend, check it here: Two Factor local login proposal

(Bas van Leeuwen) #7

Sorry, that came out a bit more grumpy than I wanted :slight_smile:
Glad to see you have your answers now!